Monday, January 18, 2010

Unexciting Post

I have forewarned you, this isn't going to be that exciting. I have a post that I want to do, some reflections from over the weekend (we went to a dear friend's funeral). However, I should be in bed sleeping right now, SO I want the fore-mentioned post to make sense so I will save it for a later time (hopefully this week).

My post is going to start with a question.

Why?

Why is it, the only time I run into people I haven't seen in a long time, is when I look like a scrub?

Can anyone tell me? Seriously, I could have the best hair month of my life and I wouldn't see a single person I know (outside of church, school...the regulars) but THE ONE day I look like a scrub is when I run into someone I haven't seen for 10+ years?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

It happened to me, tonight!

Now I have to say that this time it wasn't so bad, because, the girl I ran into, is a mom also, and well, quite honestly we both didn't look our best tonight. :) So after the pink faded from my flushed cheeks I realized, she gets it, she's a mom too, and well, sometimes you just look like a scrub. I mean seriously, are we not entitled to that at least once in a while?! :)

Also, in my defense it is Monday, and well, it's Monday....do I need more of an excuse? :)

I just seem to not have great timing when it comes to "running into" people.

Another time I remember was when we had just, I mean just gotten home. In fact we hadn't even gotten home we were stopping at Wal-Mart on the way home from camping. Now, if you are an avid camper you know that, well depending on where you're camping you may or may not have taken a shower that day (or if you're some people, thankfully not in our group, you may not have showered the whole weekend) because you know, there's a lake for swimming. Anyway, I know I had showered, I just didn't look like it.

So who do we run into? 2 guys I went to high school with.

I felt like a deer in the headlights...I was trapped...they had seen me, so I couldn't run...so I walked up to them gave them hugs and as quickly as possible explained how we were just getting back from camping....hoping that would explain why I looked like something the cat dragged in. :)

Anyway, just wanted to throw that question out there. Which along the same lines the question....Why doesn't anyone just stop by when my house is clean? Why is it they show up on the 1 day, possibly the 1 hour my house looks like a bomb went off?

I'm asking deep questions here, deep questions :) The kind that will never really have an answer...or at least a good one!

If you actually read this whole thing, I'm impressed. And if you ever see someone in a store that looks like me but is trying to run and duck down an aisle...it's probably me having a bad hair day, nothing personal. :)

2 comments:

  1. LOL.. so funny! I totally hear you on it though. Im betting a lot of us feel like this. and I agree on the house like crazy! i spent a full week deep cleaning the house and no one came over for a month. Um ya it didn't stay that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I know EXACTLY what you mean!!!! I tend to leave the house looking like a "mom" all the time!!!!

    ReplyDelete