Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It Sounds So Simple

Trust.

A 5-letter word, it's simple to say, simple to ask of others, but when it comes right down to the actual trusting, that's where it's not always so simple.

I'm struggling with this very word, not so much with the word itself, but in doing...trusting.

Not in trusting my children, or my husband, or in others around me, but in trusting God. Which when I really think about it has to be one of the silliest things ever.

Why?

Well, my husband, my children, my family & friends are human, they're not perfect. They've broken promises. Some have hurt me very deeply. Some have lied at one time or another....they're not perfect.

So why is it, I'm having such a hard time trusting God, who has NEVER broken a promise, has NEVER hurt me in the sense I'm talking about, who has NEVER lied?

Right now the Lord has brought me to a place, where, concerning a specific situation that's all I can do (trust). That is what He's requiring of me. Every question I've been asking has been met with the same answer, "Trust Me."


I've asked.

How is this going to work? "Trust Me."

What will people think/say? "Trust Me."

Lord how will I get through this? "Trust Me."

What's going to happen, if...? "Trust Me."

Every question, has been met with 2 simple, yet sometimes impossible, words. "Trust Me."

And in my feeble attempt to "argue" with the Lord, I've said, "This wasn't part of my plan Lord". And He has answered with...

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

I am in a place where all I can do is trust.

This hasn't been easy, there have been tears, but this situation has brought me to my knees, it's kept me at the feet of the cross. And that is never a bad place to be!

I know the Lord knows that I'm still learning and that He's not expecting me to have it all together. So I continue to cry out, to ask Him to teach me how to trust, no matter what the cost, what the outcome, what others think or say. Knowing that what I'm going through hasn't caught God off guard, but that He's allowed it, and that He will use it to bring glory to His name. And while I may be having a hard time wrapping my mind around what's about to take place I know that the ending will bring about a great blessing, a great reward.....that the end result will actually be the Lord trust-ing me with something.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. " Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment