Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Time Has Come....

for me to get my butt in gear and start exercising again!! I pretty much haven't done anything since this summer/fall. I did a lot of walking, but now that the ground is covered in snow and ice and the temps are only in the teens with wind chills that feel below zero....walking isn't so fun anymore! :)

I'm hoping that somehow by posting this I'll be holding myself accountable. I need it, I'm pretty sure I gained a few pounds over the holidays, so now's the time to get rid of them....plus I've got 2 trips coming up this year that will be taking me to warmer climates and I want to make sure I fit into my summer clothes with breathing room!

I've got a couple of new workout DVD's that I'll be trying. They're a little over 20mins. each, which I know is not the "recommended" time, but in my world, getting my boys to school in clothes that match on time is an accomplishment! Not to mention getting a shower in is something to be celebrated!! So...in my world 20 min.s is very much the "recommended" amount of time. Ha! :)

When am I starting? Well, I wanted to start today, and I still have time, but I have to get the boys from school soon and then there's after-school busi-ness and dinner, etc. I'm still going to try and fit it in, otherwise, tomorrow, January 6th will be my 1st official day of getting my body back into shape!

Ok, need to go get ready to get the kids from school!

Happy rest of your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment