Sunday, June 1, 2014

May Update

Right now the wind is picking up, the sky is darker then normal for this time of day, it's just started raining, and there's thunder rumbling in the distance. I love summer storms! I know it's not officially summer yet, it's only June 1st and the kids still have a week of school left, but the weather has most definitely been summer weather...it's been wonderful! After the long, hard, bitterly cold winter we just went through, it truly has been a blessing to wake up these past 2 or so weeks to birds chirping, green, green grass, leaves and flowers on the trees... After the deadness of winter, we're once again seeing the new life of spring, and it's beautiful to behold!

May's update will be short and sweet, not a lot has happened, but 2 very big steps have taken place!

May 1st- Exactly 1 year after contracting with our agency we got an email letting us know that our dossier was on it's way to China!

May 12th-Woke up to an email from our case worker (she's 2 hrs. behind us, so it was still the 11th by her when she sent it). She had received word from the CCCWA that our dossier information had been logged in! Our official log-in date (LID) was May 12th, 2014!! Super exciting news!!

Where does that leave us now? Literally, all we're waiting for is a phone call from our case worker saying she's possibly found our daughter. However, the timeline for that is 0-9 months. We could get a call tomorrow, or we could be waiting until early 2015 for that phone call.

We are praying, obviously, that our wait time won't be 9 months, although, as hard as that would be we want to wait as long as the Lord chooses for us to wait. If you would, please pray with us, and please pray that we wait well.

Thinking about our travel time not being until next year is hard. We want to travel and bring our little girl home as soon as possible! But it's an area that I've had to surrender to the Lord. I still have days that I don't want to surrender to the idea of waiting until 2015 to hold my little girl, but I have to trust that if I do, there's a reason, a very good reason. I must surrender and trust. And at times it's been through tears. God is showing me areas that I've been clinging to my own timing and my own reasoning much too tightly, and that I need to surrender those areas to Him, and trust that not only does He know what's best, but He's far better equipped than I am to make these decisions. It's a refining process, this adoption journey...


"Wait (in faith) on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment