Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day



"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." ~Ronald Reagan


I saw this quote on one of my friend's fb page this past week. The more I thought about it, the more I realized it to be true. In the day that we live in we seem to be rapidly losing more and more of the freedoms our Grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents fought, sacrificed and died for. Some of these freedoms have been, unfortunatly, given up without a fight, others are in a sense being taken from us. There is an ache in my heart as I think of what our country will be like when my young children are adults. Will they enjoy the same freedoms I did as a child? My children live in a much different world than I did and I'm not that old. What kind of America will my grand-children grow-up in?

I know the road we are on now as a country did not happen overnight, it's been a gradual "decline" if you want to call it that. Starting with giving-up "little" freedoms and now it seems to be escalating at an alarming rate!
I know the world we are living in is growing darker, and that make me so much more thankful to have Jesus to cling to. I don't know what tomorrow holds, but I do know Who holds my tomorrow!!

I kind of got off on a tangent, so to come back to what I really wanted to post... :)

THANK YOU!!! Thank you to the men and women, past and present, who have fought, died, sacrificed, served and still are serving our country!! Thank you....those words don't seem to be enough!!!

I have grandparents who served in World War II. A dear friend who's husband has been deployed 3 times since the start of the Iraq War, and may other friends who have served or still are serving in our country's armed forces!

Thank you!!! Today I am remembering you and the sacrifices you have made, you are not forgotten today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment